Where IoT innovation thrives
At the heart of tomorrow’s IoT innovations
Memory solutions for automation, edge, video surveillance, smart city, medical, automotive & broad market
Artificial intelligence and machine learning will drive next generation IoT solutions in all segments and industries. This will require the optimal balance between low power and high performance.
Micron offers one of the industry’s broadest LPDRAM portfolios, featuring our industry-leading LPDDR4 and cutting-edge LPDDR5. Our wide array of options helps you choose the best balance of features for your design.
- Mobile – Handsets and tablets
- Consumer – DTV, digital cameras, wearables, PMP/MP3 players, portable games, personal navigation devices
- Networking – Machine-to-machine (M2M) devices, USB dongles
- Security – Fingerprint detectors, digital surveillance
- Automotive – Infotainment, ADAS, communications, clusters
- Industrial/Medical – Patient monitors, defibrillators, portable ultrasound machines
- Client – Notebooks, ultrathins, convertibles and detachables
- Graphics – Portable games
Advantages of Designing-in Micron LPDRAM
- Low Power
Extend battery life with ultra-low power supply voltages and standby currents.
- High Performance
Deliver data transfer rates of 4266 MT/s with the industry’s fastest mobile LPDDR4 and up to 6400 MT/s with our latest LPDDR5.
- Temperature Ranges
Maintain high performance in extreme environments with extended temperatures.
- Product Portfolio Breadth
Enhance design flexibility and provide a migration path with a wide range of densities and packages.
- Testing and Reliability
Provide greater reliability with parts that undergo stringent quality and reliability testing — including Micron’s automotive product lines that meet the stringent requirements of ISO9001 and TS16949.
- Regional Technical Support
Receive assistance with your unique design challenges from our expert design engineers and local FAEs.
Micron® automotive and industrial SSDs
Boost performance and reliability of leading-edge automotive electronics systems and industrial-grade applications with the Micron SATA and PCIe NVMe SSDs, which extend our proven client SSD portfolio into automotive and industrial domains.
- Extended Temperature Ranges—Withstand extreme environments via an industrial temperature range (M500IT: –40°C to 85°C, 2100AI: –40°C to 95°C), an automotive temperature range (2100AT: –40°C to 105°C), and adaptive thermal throttling.
- Robust Data Security— Protect data with industry leading and on-the-fly hardware-based encryption, secure firmware download, and cryptographic erase.
- Data Path Protection— Help protect user data as it passes through the SSD (2100AI/AT).
- Power-Loss Protection—Protect data at rest, helping to ensure data integrity in unexpected power-loss events.
- Responsive Performance—Deliver significantly faster boot, file and application load times compared to traditional hard drives.
- Low Power Consumption—Consume considerably less power than typical hard drives.
- Automotive – In-vehicle infotainment, navigation and driver information, adaptive driver assistance program, black box.
- Industrial – Factory automation, robotics, transportation, medical, defense, retail, industrial networking, video surveillance.
Spotlight: Micron’s IT SSDs Withstand the Toughest Tests of the Global Defense Industry
- Industrial-grade devices are a must-have for the global defense industry. Working with DRS Technologies, a leading supplier of integrated products, services and support for military forces, Micron’s M500IT SSD became the product of choice for one of their largest customers: the U.S. Army.
- DRS develops, manufactures and supports a broad range of systems for mission-critical military sustainment requirements, ruggedizing costeffective, commercial technologies for combat.
- DRS was challenged with consumer-grade products not designed for the rugged and unforgiving environment of modern warfighters. Additionally, available “ruggedized” storage designed for this environment was cost-prohibitive.
- Micron developed the M500IT SATA SSD to meet the needs of the automotive and embedded industries. The automotive industry’s rigorous requirements match well with those of the defense industry.
- Supporting DRS with early access to engineering sample drives and analysis testing, our products and roadmaps evolved together, resulting in our M500IT being fully qualified for use in DRS’ most popular tactical computer platform.
Micron® industrial microSD cards
IP-based video surveillance systems have become mainstream due to IoT innovations. It now protects industrial facilities, critical infrastructure, and even our homes.
Edge storage technology —the recording of video and storing it in the camera instead of in a centralized recording facility across the network is quickly gaining acceptance and is being more broadly adopted into IP video surveillance applications.
Selecting a microSD card specifically designed for IP video surveillance cameras can bring more value and enhance system performance by providing recording redundancy and optimizing network load reduction. In addition, it’s enabling deployment of NVR-less architectures with lower TCO benefits.
i200, MTSD032AHC6MS-1WT, 32GB, U1,A1,Class 10
i200, MTSD064AHC6MS-1WT, 64GB, U1,A1,Class 10
i200, MTSD128AKC7MS-1WT, 128GB, U1,A1,Class 10
i200, MTSD256AKC7MS-1WT, 256GB, U1,A1,Class 10
i300, MTSD512AKC7MS-1WT, 512GB, U3,A2,Class 10
i300, MTSD1T0AKC7MS-1WT, 1TB, U3,A2,Class 10
Why Micron Industrial microSD Cards for Edge Storage Applications
- High endurance (32GB to 1TB)
Support for 3 years of high-quality, continuous 24/7 video recording.
- Outstanding Recording Performance Optimized firmware provides stable performance for 24x7 high-quality video recording with minimal frame drops.
- Industrial Quality Reliable, high quality with 2 million hours mean time to failure (MTTF) or an annualized failure rate of 0.44%; 2X the reliability of surveillance HDDs used in NVRs today.
- Smart Tool for Health Monitoring Health monitoring feature for IP camera integration reports card usage and lifetime remaining and can be integrated into system software to alert end users.
Micron® NAND flash & mNAND
The commoditization of IoT devices means that there will be billions of devices that are connected to the internet – each device having embedded code, or stored user data. NAND technologies provide that storage facility that will house critical IP and data that are used in contextualizing our world.
Micron’s NAND flash devices, available in 128Mb to 2Tb densities, are used to store data and code. Low-density NAND flash is ideal for applications like STBs, digital televisions (DTVs), and DSCs while high-density NAND flash is most commonly used in data-heavy applications like SSDs, tablets, and USB drives. There is a continuous effort to reduce the cost/GB of NAND devices, so device life cycles tend to be shorter with more frequent process lithography shrinks. NAND requires a controller, either internal or external, and specific firmware for error code correction (ECC), bad block management, and wear leveling.
- Advance driver assistance systems
- Drive data recorder
- Factory/building automation
- Point of sales
- Aerospace and defense
- Medical equipment
- Digital TVs (DTV)
- Set-top boxes (STB)
- Home automation
- Digital video cameras (DVC)
- Digital still cameras (DSC)
- Augmented reality/virtual reality (AR/VR)
How e.MMC Memory Works
Micron’s e.MMC memory combines a NAND flash memory device with a JEDEC-compliant controller in an industry-standard BGA package. This single-package solution manages operations—such as wear levelling, bad block management and device mapping— internally, simplifying system development work. e.MMC also implements error handling internally, which removes the burden from the host processor, thereby optimizing system performance.
4 ways e.MMC can benefit your design
- Broad Portfolio
Choose from automotive-, industrial- and consumer grade e.MMC solutions to meet your specific needs.
- Superior Endurance
Build products that last with our superior e.MMC endurance.
Pick the package that’s right for you:
• Industry-standard 153-ball BGA
• JEDEC-compliant 100-ball BGA;
enables easier routing, lower board cost and better signal integrity
- Automotive Qualification
Get the best quality and product longevity for automotive applications from our automotive qualified e.MMC memory.