Infineon EasyPIM™ IGBT7
Easy module with TRENCHSTOP™ IGBT7 technology, tailored for industrial drives applications.
Infineon’s Easy module is now equipped with the brand-new TRENCHSTOP™ IGBT7 technology, the 1200V TRENCHSTOP™ IGBT7 and EC7 diode. These technologies are based on the latest micro-pattern trench technology, which provides greatly reduced losses, and offers a high level of controllability.
The new chip is specially optimized for industrial drives applications, which means lower static losses, higher power density and softer switching. Additionally, by raising the allowed maximum chip operation temperature up to 175 °C, a significant increase of power density can be obtained.
The key benefits of TRENCHSTOP™ IGBT7 includes:
- Low losses, new chip technology shows extremely lower losses with optimized low Vce(sat)
- dv/dt optimized for 2-8kV/µs, tailored for drive application
- Short circuit is tailored for better performance, 8µs @150°C is enough for drive application
- Simpler gate drive, is optimized for application condition, only a gate resistor is enough to control
- Increase of Tvjop up to 175°C increase the power density
Technical benefits of TRENCHSTOP™ IGBT7
Operation at 175°C at overload
Enhanced controllability optimized for drive applications
Higher power density - Same power in 35% smaller package
The new Easy module with TRENCHSTOP™ IGBT7 shows better performance, offers easy, time-to-market design, and brings system cost savings to industrial drives. It is the best choice on the market for new industrial drives design.
Infineon is launching the first leadtypes of EasyPIM™ und EasyPACK™ with TRENCHSTOP™ IGBT7 in 10 A, 25 A and 100 A:
Recommended Gate Driver
Every switch needs a driver IC and so Infineon is offering a wide range of gate driver ICs that fit to the Easy modules with 1200 V TRENCHSTOP™ IGBT 7:
For the FP10R12W1T7_B11 and FP25R12W1T7_B11 Infineon recommends: