Major home appliance drives
Pushing efficiency to the next level
Energy guzzlers are a thing from the past!
Energy efficiency and reduced power consumption are present global trends in the major home appliances market.
For contemporary designs, the highest energy efficiency coupled with the lowest audible noise is the core priority of manufacturers. Besides that, the race for the most cost-effective solution poses another challenge. While each of these can be tricky, rest assured with Infineon’s support you will be able to overcome them. Namely, with the best suitable component selection and adequate design support for your application.
High voltage three phase motor drives evaluation board for fast time to market
- Low BOM count due to CoolMOS™ PFD7 and latest iMOTION™ algorithm
- Smooth startup using inductive sensing
- Best light-load efficiency solution
- Sensorless field-oriented control (FOC)
- Ease of use with graphical user interface (GUI)
- High efficiency
- Simplified design
- Accelerated time to market
The EVAL_DRIVE_3PH_PFD7 is a compact three-phase inverter power stage offering high efficiency combined with simplified design and a smooth start-up. Additionally, it is cost-effective and offers the necessary software free of charge!
600 V CoolMOS™ PFD7 superjunction MOSFETs
The 600 V CoolMOS™ PFD7 comes with an integrated body diode allowing for improved soft-recovery index and the industry’s fastest recovery time (trr) reducing power consumption during steady state and light load operations. Therefore, this technology is a key enabler for home appliance applications, where energy efficiency plays a major role.
EVAL_DRIVE_3PH_PFD7 evaluation board for motor drives applications
This evaluation board was developed to support customers in the first steps of designing a three-phase inverter power stage for applications such as fans, fridges, pumps, or small appliances.
The board with it’s iMOTION™ software provides:
- A synchronous rectification algorithm to reduce reverse-current hard-commutation stress
- A sensorless speed control directly at FOC start-up
- 3-phase or 2-phase Space Vector Modulation (SVM)
- Hardware and Software Overcurrent Protection (OCP)
2ED28073J06F gate driver IC with integrated bootstrap diode (BSD)
This 600 V half-bridge gate driver IC comes with an integrated bootstrap diode and typical 0.02 A source and 0.08 A sink currents. It is housed in a DSO-8 package and well-suited to drive MOSFETs with integrated fast body diode, such as the 600 V CoolMOS™ PFD7 superjunction MOSFETs.
600 V CoolMOS™ PFD7 key features & benefits
State of the art technology
The 600 V CoolMOS™ PFD7 technology combines best in class performance with ease of use, built on more than 20 years of experience.
- Portfolio with wide range of RDS(on) values up to ≤ 2 Ohm
- Supporting cost effective designs with SMD packages like SOT-223
Robustness & ease of use
- ESD protection of up to 2 kV
- Integrated robust fast body diode
- Excellent commutation ruggedness
Optimized for low power drives
- Supports the trend of energy saving at major home appliances with speed controlled motors
- Optimized for high efficiency especially at light load conditions (e.g, < 300 W)
- Reduction of both, bill of material as well as operating costs
Increased energy efficiency
- Up to 2% efficiency increase*
- Up to 18°C better thermal behavior*
- Addressing power ranges up to 300 W
*Compared to CoolMOS™ CE