Free Technical Support
Dedicated technical support (including website help) is available to all our account customers via a team of trained engineers:
Live Technical Chat
Get instant answers to technical questions from our dedicated support team.
Chat with one of our friendly technical operators to identify product alternatives, source additional technical data and find answers to all your technical questions.
Live Technical Chat is available within normal working hours, outside of these hours please leave a message and the team will respond within one working day.
BoM (Bills of Materials) Conversion Service
The BoM Response Team recently converted a total of 2,669 lines without blinking an eye. They’ve saved me hours of time! The match rate is excellent, with over 80% of RoHS compliant alternatives sourced extremely quickly. It’s such a help to be able to send off a list of products and get back a fresh BoM that’s RoHS compliant without having to think about it.
Simon Grieve, Codel International
Is your parts list RoHS compliant? Find out with our FAST, FREE BoM conversion service.
Our dedicated team will match your non-compliant products to the very latest RoHS compliant lines and return it to you within 48 hours.
Step by step guide
- Log in to the website and click on the BoM banner on the homepage or access the BoM service here
- Take your Excel spreadsheet containing Farnell order codes, manufacturers part numbers, part descriptions, or industry part numbers and upload
- An on screen submission message will confirm you have been successful
- Your converted parts list will be returned to you via email containing your original details alongside the new RoHS compliant parts for ease of comparison – here’s an example
Over 150,000 product alternatives offer side-by-side comparisons of exact, suggested or upgraded alternatives to the products you need to source, in stock for next day delivery.
Easily identify product alternatives using the green dot displayed in the online search results (see example).
Clicking the link will display alternative products side-by-side with the product you originally found. The search result will identify whether the product is an exact, suggested or upgraded alternative and use technical datasheets to compare specifications.
See an example alternative product now
A massive 280,000 accessories, linked through the online search results, provide easy access to a wide range of products that you need.
Easily identify product accessories using the green dot displayed in the search results (see example).
Clicking the link will display an entire list of accessories for the product you originally found, displayed side-by-side and linked directly through to the shopping cart.
See example accessories now
Access over 352,000 technical datasheets online for FREE when you see the symbol.
If you can't find what you are looking for simply complete an online form and we will source the information for you.
Web: Datasheet request form
Not In Catalogue Service – ProductFind
The internet is now the medium of communication for premier distributors like Farnell. The website is superior to their competitors - it is easy to use and packed full of information to help me make my purchase decisions. I always place my orders online with Farnell.
Ian Braithwaite, ETB Ltd
When a choice of over 480,000 stocked products just isn’t enough…
Our dedicated team of experts can source over 6 million more products to save you time and money in your search for that vital product.
Contact us with:
- Product information
- Required quantity
- Required delivery date
And we’ll get back to you with a quotation within 48 hours.
We offer two levels of calibration on Test & Measurement products bought from us to the latest standards to meet the ISO 9000ff and EN 17025ff requirements.
The two levels of calibration include:
- Standard Calibration – to manufacturer specification with:
- Set of calibration results
- Integrity seals
- Electrical safety tests
- All records stored and maintained for 4 years
- Re-calibration advice
- UKAS (United Kingdom Accreditation Service) Calibration – in addition to the above, includes:
- Calibration to UKAS approved procedures
- UKAS certificates
- UKAS approved calibration equipment
- Products highlighted with the symbol in the paper catalogue
- Then order by their normal order code followed by the level of calibration needed.
If you require help, please contact our sales team:
Calibration Service Online
Please note - This service is not yet available on our website – but if you order a product online that requires calibration let us know in the comments box and we’ll get back to you!
Cable lengths made easy!
Only buy the length of cable you need and benefit from…
- No wasted stock
- Only pay for what you want
- Standard same day despatch
- No additional charges
- Over 900 different cables from the leading manufacturers
How to order online:
- Customised cable assembly covering ribbon/IDC, copper, fibre optic, wiring harnesses and coax.
- Assembly, despatch and invoicing of a collection of products to you as one custom kit.
Electronics Design World
Electronics Design World is Farnell’s unique website dedicated to the needs of a Design Engineer.
Featuring training, ‘Technology First’ design guides, news and the latest product introductions from numerous manufacturers - it’s key to understanding the industry before your competitors.
Why we’re No.1 for RoHS…
Farnell has led the way in RoHS from the beginning, being the first to offer:
- Step by Step Guide to Compliance
- Fully RoHS Compliant Catalogue
- Dedicated RoHS website featuring WEEE information
- SKU level personalised Certificates of Compliance
These are just a few of the reasons why Farnell has come to be recognised as the industry's No.1 for RoHS.