How to Order
You can purchase products easily through a number of different channels. Visit our Contact Us section for information or:
24 hour ordering has never been easier – the Farnell website is fast and easy. Use our Online user guide for advice when ordering.
Some of the benefits to online ordering:
- Speedy search engine – find the products you want, fast
- Access over 352,000 datasheets for free
- Ordering support - download, save, and email your basket to save valuable time
- Pay by card or open a Trade Account with credit facilities
Why not register online with Farnell now?
Need help with online registration and ordering? – use our Online user guide or Help section for an explanation.
Or contact our Web Help Team:
How to Pay
The internet is now the medium of communication for premier distributors like Farnell. The website is superior to their competitors - it is easy to use and packed full of information to help me make my purchase decisions. I always place my orders online with Farnell.
Ian Braithwaite, ETB Ltd
You can place orders by either*:
*All orders placed with Farnell will be subject to our Conditions of Supply.
Placing Card Orders
Use your card to place an order via any channel:*
*€20 minimum order value applies to all credit card orders
Open a Trade Account
Applying for a Trade Account is simple:
The next time you contact Farnell for a quote, request an eQuote – allowing you to retrieve your quote online.
- Click on the link to go to your own private quotes detail page
- Select the items you want to add to your shopping basket.
- Add non-quoted items to the same basket. Then order as usual.
Retrieve and process your quote anytime from the ‘Quotes’ section within MY ACCOUNT.
N.B. New web customers requesting an eQuote must submit an email address.
Request your eQuote today:
This unique packaging provides complete protection for thousands of ICs purchased through Farnell.
Unique to the industry, the fully recyclable plastic casing offers many benefits at no additional charge, including:
- Clear product identification with batch number and Farnell part number
- All round protection in transit and storage
- Reduced moisture ingress
- Anti static protection
- Reduction in damages
- Easy quantity count
- No minimum order sizes
Developed in conjunction with Antistat, experts in providing supply chain and packaging solutions to the electronics market, peel packaging provides a unique solution to common problems experienced by engineers globally.
Available as standard on thousands of ICs from the industry’s leading manufacturers,
keep your products protected with Farnell.
Product returns – we hope you are happy with your purchases, however if you do change your mind please return all peel packed goods, un-opened in the original packaging, to Farnell Returns Department, Farnell International Distribution Centre, Castleton Road, Leeds, LS12 2EN.
NEW! Biodegradable ESD packaging
In collaboration with packaging specialist Antistat, Farnell have developed a unique, fully biodegradable packaging solution for electronics and electronic components.
Offering the same level of protection as standard static dissipative bags, our new and exclusive environmentally-friendly alternative uses patented technology to fully biodegrade, without releasing any harmful chemicals into the environment!
Products will start to be despatched in our new packaging from 7th September 2009 and is estimated to cover 3.6 million products despatched from our European warehouses each year!
This exciting new packaging solution is a first for the electronics industry and is available to buy direct from Farnell. Contact our quotes team for a competitive price on higher quantities.
Your feedback is very important to us
We build our service around your needs – if you have any comments regarding our new biodegradable packaging please tell us here.
Find out more:
This packaging should not be disposed of or recycled with standard plastics. It can be disposed as general waste in landfill but this may affect the length of time taken to biodegrade. The most effective method of disposal is composting in an industrial composting system. Find composting services in your area or contact your local authority for more information. Alternatively, the packaging will dissolve harmlessly in hot water.
Half Waffle Trays
Our unique half waffle quantities will provide the right number of components for your application with the benefits of higher quantity pricing. Pre-packed into a waffle tray by the manufacturer, this service offers reduced component handling and is despatched with a FREE static pick-up tool for ease of use.
Full Quantity Tubes
A selected range of ICs are also available within full quantity tubes. Select the type that meets your needs from an extensive range of quantities and package sizes. This easy-to-use packaging offers a convenient storage solution for products used regularly and significantly reduces component handling, at no additional cost.
An extensive range of resistors, capacitors and inductors are now available on full reels. Buy in high quantities for lower prices and get your full requirement of components on a single reel, complete with manufacturers’ leader and trailer tape.
How To Order:
N.B. Flexible packaging options are pre-packed with a specific quantity of components, which will vary depending on the packaging type or the product ordered. These quantities are identified using the ‘Price for’ field within the search results.
FREE Re-reeling Service
Over 46,000 surface mount components re-reeled to customer specific quantities, offering no more wasted components or unused stock at no extra cost!
Following extensive customer research, we have enhanced our re-reeling service to now include:
- 350mm of leader and trail tape with sprocket drive holes
- Securely connected to the component tape with brass shim
- Same day despatch
Ideally suited to small-scale production runs, where builds only require a part reel quantity, this service puts the required quantity of components onto a standard 180mm reel, ready to pick and place, complete with leader and trailer tape.
Available on a wide range of capacitors, resistors, inductors, diodes, transistors, optos and IC’s from market-leading manufacturers, look for the logo in our catalogue or click on the button below to view a list of re-reeled products.
How to order:
The re-reeling service is now available with no extra charge - order through the website or via our sales team on 1800 936 198
For more information, please contact 1800 936 198
Moisture Sensitive Packaging
Save time and effort with our “ready to use” packaging for moisture sensitive components.
Products remain fully sealed in moisture barrier packaging to ensure no exposure to the atmosphere.
- Convenience and peace of mind
- Avoid the need to dry ahead of use
- Delivered in protective and fully sealed packaging
- No minimum order quantities
Available on thousands of components from the industry’s leading manufacturers, compliant to Jedec industry standards.
Keep your products protected with Farnell.
Delivery & Tracking
Farnell offers FAST same day despatch, normally delivered to you the next working day.
- FREE same day despatch
- When you order before 6.00pm
- No minimum order quantity
Once you have placed an order you can check its status.
Online – Go in to ‘My Account’, select ‘Order History’ where you will see your order reference number. Click on the order number you want to know about and obtain your tracking number you can use via UPS.
Telephone – Contact our sales team who will be happy to help
1800 936 198 (8am - 8pm, Monday - Friday)
Now you will be able to view, track and re-order all your orders via the online order history, including your orders placed via phone, email and fax.
You simply need to have placed 1 order online for all your future orders to be displayed in your Order History. Go in to ‘My Account
’ and select ‘Order History’.
If you choose to order a product from our US warehouse, delivery is:
- 3 – 4 working days (in stock products)
- €20 charge per order – covering handling, duty and airfreight regardless of the number of items
- No minimum order value or quantity
Please note -
- Certain delivery and shipping terms apply
- Your invoice will be issued approximately 2 days before delivery of your Newark items
- The products are packed in a Newark carton including all delivery documents in English language
- Newark items cannot be cancelled or returned except in the case of a warranty/guarantee claim (see our Terms and Conditions for details)
- Farnell products on the same order will be delivered separately
- Newark specifications of length and weight are in American dimensions e.g. inches
* Delivery charge maybe subject to change.
Returning customers will now be able to buy their products even faster with ‘Express Checkout’.
Express Checkout eliminates the need to re-enter your delivery and payment details every time you order. Details from your previous order will be stored on one page so all you have to do after selecting your products and adding them to the shopping basket is:
- Review the stored details
- Update any information if it has changed, for example, request a different delivery address
- Confirm your order
Back Order Delivery Service
At Farnell we aim to get your order to you as quickly as possible with the highest percentage of orders delivered next day. In some instances, where products are in exceptionally high demand we may have longer lead times and as a result will place your requirements on back-order – aiming to get the best possible delivery date for your items.
To make a difference to the service we provide you, we’ve just updated all of our systems. Now, from the moment you place your items on back-order with Farnell to the day you receive them, you will know the exact status of the delivery, the due date and all despatch information.
With Farnell you have the:
- Confidence – You will be notified immediately of any change to our estimated delivery date.
- Communication – Immediate notification by email of potential changes in the advised delivery date. Plus, we will notify you the instant the stock leaves our warehouse along with the freight tracking number.
- Control – You decide whether you want your order to be sent in one shipment or in staged deliveries.
We’re committed to providing you with reliable delivery dates and all of the information you need to ensure effective production planning.
To best benefit from this new service, if you haven’t already, please register your e-mail online.
Alternatively for the latest updates on your order contact us.
Schedule your orders to save money and ensure peace of mind.
Purchase in high volumes and get lower prices but schedule your products and invoices for delivery when you want!
- Qualify for the total quantity price of your full requirement
- Schedule your orders for delivery on your required dates
- Only receive an invoice once your products are despatched
- Orders can be scheduled up to 12 months in advance of the initial order being placed
- Also available on our re-reeling service and on items bought from our US warehouse*
Scheduled orders are now available online. Set up a scheduled order as part of the ordering process by clicking on the ‘create/edit a scheduled order’ button on the delivery page at checkout, alternatively, for more information call 1800 936 198.
Schedule your order to suit you
The scheduled orders service from Farnell is now even more flexible. You can now schedule your orders in a way that suits you – either by adding multiple products to a shipment date or creating individual schedules for each product line. Schedule your orders on the delivery page when ordering online with Farnell.
N.B. Prices are fixed and stock is guaranteed for up to 3 months from your initial order being placed. Some items available from our Extended Range are excluded from this service.
*A service charge per scheduled delivery applies for items bought on these services.
If for any reason you are not 100% satisfied with the products you buy from Farnell, contact us to return within 21 days for a full refund*.
Royal Mail Group plc decided to use Farnell E-Procurement because it offers the flexibility to work with our existing ERP systems, provided a quick and easy route to systems integration and reduced the cost of maintaining and hosting eContent internally. For our many end-users it provides a system which is fast, intuitive and easy to use, thereby helping to support customer self-service and helping Royal Mail to drive down it's transaction costs.
Steve North, Senior Procurement Manager Technology
Our customised eProcurement service allows you to build a solution to suit your business requirements and reduce your procurement costs.
- Flexible Electronic Catalogues – We can provide a range of different data formats (e.g. BME-Cat, eClass, UNSPSC or customer specific formats) that can be uploaded and updated frequently in your eProcurement or ERP System
- Powerful Punchout Solutions – Our leading punchout web environment supports a myriad of eProcurement solutions. They include connectivity to Ariba, SAP and Oracle, a leading edge search facility and ‘real-time’ stock update
- Multi-stage Buying for FREE – You can set up user groups and budgets both at a user or organisation level and implement forwarding and sign-off processors.
For more information:
Why not register online with Farnell now?